Search This Blog

Saturday, September 14, 2013

Notary (Affidavit) in Bangalore

I was preparing documents to submit for a job I'd landed. One of them was a notary (Affidavit). It's to declare that I reside at a so-and-so place, time, period, etc.
It's to be done by an advocate - he or she needs to endorse the above on a stamp paper with their legal stamp, signature, etc. So, how did I go about it?
Started off near our place at Indranagar to find any place who does notary. Didn't find anything. Tried hunting for a few places as indicated by Google & its Maps. After a couple of hours of searching, gave up & started off towards Mayo Hall since that's the hub. Asked at a couple of places on the way near Ulsoor, but they either didn't understand what I wanted, or were demanding way too much amount. All they needed to do was write something, put their stamp & sign. The stamp paper itself costs about Rs. 100. They were quoting Rs. 500. I thought it was too high & kept going ahead. Finally ended up at Mayo hall.
While parking he bike at Mayo hall, like hyenas attack prey, several advocates saw a fresh face in me & rushed to find out what I'd come for to offer their services. I told the one who was closest about the notary. He quoted Rs. 240. Although it was high, it wasn't too high, so agreed. I could've saved Rs. 70 if I'd got the stamp paper myself & got the typing done. However, I didn't want to make mistakes since it was my first time. So, although a loss, let the advocate do all the work.
He made me stroll around the complex along with him as he got a pre-bought stamp paper, got the typing done, stamped, etc. After all was done, I'd to give him Rs. 10 extra, as is usual custom in India, for "tea". But my work was done.

No comments:

Post a Comment