Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 07, 2011

Airtel's F$(# Users Policy (FUP)

Frustration with Airtel broadband is now getting on my nerves!

First it was the issue with reducing bandwidth to 256 kbps, even though it's an "unlimited" connection.
I didn't mind that a lot at that time since the connection was still reliable & it came into effect only after some amount of transfer limit was reached. Though I DO disapprove of it in general, the present issue I'm having since about a month ago is worse than can be imagined. I'll quit Airtel Broadband as soon as I switch another one - hopefully will be better than the current one.

The issues
1. My internet connection keeps disconnecting all the time! Everytime it connects back, all pages are redirected to some juniper error page with the folowing text:
    Error 500: IDL:smgt.juniper.net/sae/SAEException:1.0
2. Ports are all blocked, internet traffic seems to be monitored now. I've a strong privacy concern here - Airtel is probably listening to everything.
3. I couldn't login to the router anymore (found later after some tinkering that my account # is now admin's password). I wanted to check on the router settings if they were doing something crazy.
4. Every time I connect to internet, it redirects to a $^#!** page saying I've crossed my monthly quota!!! What the #&%$... even on first day of the month?! Redirecting is probably okay, but it's okay just once! Not forever. Usually I launch my browser with a lot of tabs from last time. All of them load up to this page! It's so annoying, having to remember what my previous pages were. These redirecting pages don't go away until a few mins, so can't browse anything until those 'quota reached' pages stop popping up.
5. Phone (the landline that comes free) doesn't work. I don't want to call the tech support for this because it's not free to talk to them, you gotta pay those %@$!@(^*$. Their tech support ain't the smartest of the bunch either! What nonsense. Anyways, I don't use the landline, so wouldn't worry about that too much.
6. And of course, the FUP. When it's called an "unlimited" connection, why throttle speeds at all? What nonsense... there's no truly unlimited connection at all from Airtel. Actually, that applies to most of the ISPs in India.


In past few years, I've converted to a strong detractor of Airtel, from a strong promoter, shame on them to treat customers this way.

I hope TRAI is listening to all the woes of customers like me & penalize these ISPs, esp. Airtel in my view.

No comments:

Post a Comment