Search This Blog

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Shamiyaana - 'splendid' ambiance, disastrous restaurant

I'm quite unhappy with the restaurant, Shamiyaana, near 80 ft Rd, Indira nagar, Bangalore, India. This isn't really a review of it, but of my last experience there which illustrates how bad their service is.

We've been regular customers to that restaurant for the past year and a half, visiting once every month on an average. However, we'd been ordering standard dishes such as chopsuey, noodles, etc. It had been a good experience until our last couple of visits that have gone awry. My experience a month ago wasn't as bad as this one. This takes the crown.
Here it goes...

I'd quickly browsed through the menu & ordered 2 items: (1) Boneless Lemon Chicken Dry and (2) Keema Naan. He did not note down the order, just remembered it. He said he'll check the availability & get back. He quickly went into the kitchen, came back & happily announced to us that it was available.

After about 20 mins he came back & apologetically said that Keema naan wasn't available & I'll have to choose something else. I said fine, and asked for suggestions. He said he can get a minced chicken paratha - that was fine with me & said okay.

After about 30 mins, he brought the Lemon Chicken, but WITH bones & gravy! I asked him to take it away & get what I'd ordered, i.e., "Boneless" Lemon Chicken.
He was obviously embarrassed at his mistake, but since something has to be done, he suggested that he'll just remove the bones & get the same dish back. I replied rather bluntly to get what I originally ordered, which is a Boneless Lemon chicken dry. Don't know how much of it got into his impenetrable skull.

Worst part was he now told that even Chicken paratha wasn't available. He'll get Egg paratha instead. What the %$#@. Couldn't he tell that the first time? Should he have me waiting for about an hour to find that out. I almost felt like leaving the restaurant right then and cancel the entire order. For such an expensive restaurant, this kind of treatment is totally unacceptable.
Anyways, being mild mannered, I accepted the suggestion.

After about 10 mins, he got the Egg paratha. It didn't taste good, on top of that it costs Rs. 100? Unbelievable! Non-sense! The one in Breeze tastes much better & costs less than half this one!

After another 10 mins, he brought the Boneless Lemon Chicken, but with gravy. It was just the same dish he'd got earlier, just that the bones were stripped off. It's Price tag: Rs. 175. Extremely expensive, considering the quantity, taste, etc. I should've asked him to take it away. This was becoming unbearable & very annoying. Anyways, I said to myself never to come back again. Just let this pass, thanking them for all our previous not-so-bad experiences. Cleaned up my place as quickly as possible. Paid the bill & got out.

My most horrible experience there so far. Will never go again.

No comments:

Post a Comment